It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your Reddit user ID
- your e-mail you may provide us
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer’s IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission, we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products.
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services;
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant; to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Music Player for Reddit, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.